How are you today?
This is the most common question asked by people.
The auto respond is FINE. To me FINE means: Feelings I’m Not Expressing.
Well …I am FINE today. %$()@^&$%*(@#!
I am mad and pissed off as a drunk driver collided into my friend’s car and she died. One of my very dear friends. We were not traditional friends. Just merely phone friends yet she was my BFF. I guess just BF now! My heart is sore. First it was shock now its transformed into anger. I will simmer in this pot of anger. Why the senseless death?
So I decided to take the day off today. Just reflecting and pondering about life death and all the in-between bits. In many areas I have just been going with the flow and not really engaging connecting with life. Just living day in day out on auto pilot in many ways. I thought I was quite aware but my soul has been asleep. This is where I am today. Awakening the soul is for another blog. Let’s get back to how are you today.
Are you really good? In my opinion maybe not. It’s just an auto respond we have developed when people ask us how we are. When last did you figure out how you really are? How you feeling and what you thinking?
Here are 6 steps to determine how you are today:
- Take 10 mins sitting down, closing your eyes and just being still. Breath in-out 5 times (normal breathing) to relax.
- Notice your body and how you feeling in your body. Take your time no rush here
- Name your feelings – sad, guilty ashamed happy hungry thirsty angry etc
- Observe what thoughts are coming up and just accept them. No judging no analysing.
- Write your feelings/thoughts on a paper. Tear up the paper in small bits and chuck them away. Letting go of all the feelings and thoughts while being kind to yourself.
- Now go do something fun to let your soul come alive
Make this a daily practice. You will see when someone asks how are you, you will go from FINE to Awesome, Great, Fab, Funtastaic, Ready to Rock the day, Perfecto, Everything is Magnifique, … create your own version of being on top of the world. Your day your life will move from mundane to magnificent
How are you today?
© 2016 – 2017, Anjana Lala. All rights reserved.