Day 3 of 11 Day Challenge: Self-Doubt: Tame your inner Tormentor
Welcome to Day3 of the Challenge to build your self-LOVE & boost your confidence!
Your Challenge for TODAY:
Self-Doubt: Tame Your Inner Tormentor
Self-doubt is a killer. Buzz killer, Joy killer, Dream killer, Confidence killer, Self-Worth killer! Fun killer. Success killer! Pure and simple!
Self-doubt is crippling. Self-doubt stops you from making clever decisions and taking positive action, and you end up missing out on opportunities all the time. Regret and self-loath setting in.
A shaky self-confidence or relentless self-doubt makes you second guess everything to an unhealthy degree; cheats you of your confidence & self-worth. A fear of failure gnaws at you, leaving you at a standstill and unsatisfied with your life. It leaves you drowning in insecurities and self-destruction. Self-doubt is exhausting and draining!
Personally, I suffer from self-doubt often, but then again, so do most people. It seems the more creative you are, the more it appears! For example, even as I begin to write this blog I wonder; will it be read? Will it be interesting enough? Will I even like it? Will I be successful with this challenge?
I have come to realise self-doubt will crop up from time to time and to accept it. The secret lies in is how you will deal with……You Are In Charge of Your Life.
Let’s tackle this inner tormentor: 6 simple steps to conquer self-doubt
- Meet your inner tormentor: Give your inner tormentor – self-doubt a name. Recognize and acknowledge its existence. Self-doubt can be sneaky. So be careful. It can hide in mysterious places in our mind. Bring self-doubt into the light. This way it will become easier to recognise self-doubt.
- Explore your self-doubt: Spend some time in silence and alone why you doubting yourself. Sit with your feelings. When you evaluate your feelings, you make them vulnerable logic and reason.
- Find the source. If you find yourself constantly telling yourself you are not good enough, you may want to meditate and find into the root of the problem. Where did these feelings originate? When did it start? Was there a specific event that caused such feelings? You can choose to do this on your own or with the help of a professional therapist. Once you identify and understand the source of the problem, you will know how to manage self-doubt better
- Turn to others for support: This is so important and can be anyone as long as it’s someone who understands you and knows where you are coming from, like a close friend, or a support group, or even your therapist. If you can reach out to someone from time to time for some encouragement or some foresight. Just to get you back up on your feet again, is great, just as long as you don’t rely on them to do this all the time. Remember, you are responsible for your own life and choices.
- Focus on the ‘why’ rather than ‘how’: When you have one of ‘those days’, reflect on why you doing what you doing, where you want to be and the core reason for getting up every morning. However, if you focus on the ‘how,’ you will get bogged down with thoughts of ‘how will I be able to get this done?’ and ‘how long will I have to wait until I can really make this pay off?’ When you remember that the ‘why’’ gives you a sense of purpose, power and passion. The ‘how’ will just fade away as you’ll have utter faith that they’ll take care of themselves.
- Take action & create: Self-doubt can come up most commonly appear just at the time you are about to make a decision or about to start something new. For me, it’s when I am doing something out of my comfort zone like writing or creating. When this happens it is important to do it anyway, to take action in-spite of the self-doubt. As long as you continue to create and move forward, it’ll give you the ammunition, not to stop the self-doubt, but to stop the self-doubt from stopping you
Self-doubt will creep in from time to time, and that pesky tormentor will keep bugging you. Just remember that you are in control of your life and know the things that brings you happiness
Sending you encouragement and support
So much love
Your Happiness & Confidence Coach 🙂
PS……Share this Challenge with your friends on Facebook or copy the URL into an email and send if off to them.
PPS……If you are new to this Challenge, then click here to join for FREE!
PPPS…….Click here to like us on Facebook.