Day 4 of 11 Day Challenge: Self-Belief: Are you a Beaten Dog?
Welcome to Day 4 of the Challenge to build your self-love & boost your confidence!
Your Challenge for TODAY:
Self-Belief: Are you a Beaten Dog?
There are many amazing skilled individuals all over the world that will never reach their potential, achieve their aspirations, or realise their dreams.
So sad, but true.
Are you one of them?
Why do some people soar to success, while others, live average, disappointing lives? Why do some of us fantasize about a fate beyond the reality that we are living, while others are living their dreams full heartedly?
For many are immersed in low esteem, a lack of confidence and fear. These extremely strong self-beliefs are often the reasons why we shelve our dreams and live below average lives
Let’s look at what a positive self-belief can do for you:
- helps you see opportunities
- facilitates finding creative solutions
- stimulates action and persistence
- makes others more responsive
3 very simple yet powerful phrase we use that strengthen or damper our self-belief.
- I can ……do this or that. You need to believe that you have the capability to achieve your dreams and aspirations. You need to believe that you can actually do it – regardless of the fact that it may take a huge amount of effort, challenge you on many levels and ask of you to navigate and overcome numerous obstacles and set-backs. It comes down to what you believe about your abilities – what you believe you CAN and CANNOT do.
- Question: Think about one of your goals that you have not achieved yet. Do you believe, on a deep level, that you CAN DO IT?
- I will …….do this or that. Sometimes, the only thing that will set you apart from the rest of the world is simply your willingness to do – giving yourself permission to take the next step – and then the next. It is about showing up, perseverance and determination – and your level of commitment. Question: Do you BELIEVE in your ability to do what it takes?
- I am …….this or that. This might be the most important of the three belief constructs. It relates to your identity – the way you see yourself in the world – and in relation to a goal that you want to achieve. Do you see yourself as generally successful, rich, healthy, happy, loving, ambitious, or do you use different labels to describe yourself?Useless, stupid, fat, unlucky, poor, not good enough, failure, loser, sad, …….you get he picture
What ideas have you come to accept about “who you are”, that might stand in the way of your success?
Let’s uncover some of your powerful self-beliefs that might be hindering your accomplishment.
Your Challenge for Today:
The following activity will help you to uncover some of the beliefs about yourself that might be blocking your success.
Complete each of the following statements 3 times – each time with a different thought:
◦I can … ◦I can’t …
◦I’m good at … ◦I’m not good at …
◦I will … ◦I won’t be able to …
◦I am … ◦I’m not …
Look at what you have written and consider which one of these self-beliefs may be blocking your success – or not.
What are the pictures that you hold in your mind about what you can and cannot do?
For every negative self-belief write other possibilities, in order to start shifting the way you see yourself.
Eg. I am not good at writing a blog to I can learn to write a blog
I am stupid to I am smart enough to learn new things. Got it?
Affirm your new self-beliefs by repeating them several times during the day. Say your affirmations with purpose, passion and power.
I believe: I can , I will & I am capable!
What do you believe?
Sending you encouragement and support
So much love
Your Happiness & Confidence Coach 🙂
PPPPS……connect with us Book a Discovery Session for 45 minutes to chat to us on we can help you on your journey in life of confidence, happiness & success. This is a complimentary session for this challenge. We only have 3 spots left, so don’t delay click here to book your complimentary session (worth $25)