Life is ever changing and full of uncertainties and doubt. No matter the level of change, uncertainty is simply a part of life. Learning to embrace uncertainty is the key dealing with doubt. When we can’t embrace change and uncertainty is usually leads to feelings of doubt & disappointment . This can make life very difficult.
Doubt sabotages your chances for a happy and fulfilling life.
Doubt includes being self-critical, worrying, lack of trust & conviction, suspicious, indecisiveness, confusion and uncertainty. Most people suffer in silence. Its suffocates your confidence and undermines your abilities in life.
Yes! you can manage self-doubt but it’s a tough road and requires lots of effort. The benefits are far outweighing the effort you need to put in. You will boost your confidence on this journey and raise your self-esteem at the same time. It will be a worthy road trip. Trust me. I am speaking from personal experience with second guessing myself.
7 Steps to Deal with Doubt
- Do one thing at a time. No multitasking
- Set smaller goals that you can manage
- Surround yourself with supporting & encouraging people
- Question your incertitude if its valid or not
- Everytime you make excuses or tell stories to avoid acting, write down all the possibilities if you did not have doubt
- Get a mentor to hold you accountable for your goals and actions
- Write down all your past successes and start believing in yourself
Learn to embrace uncertainty and doubt
You will never be able to control everything in life, as life is full of uncertainties. However, you can always keep yourself prepared to face such uncertainties, obstacles or challenges by planning well, taking quick actions, being flexible, and being patient. Once you start embracing unknown and focusing on the possibilities along with the challenges, you will certainly be become a successful and confident woman who is able to leap any barrier and have a full, rewarding life and career.