60 Things that make me happy
Happiness is achievable. Happiness is a choice. Happiness is an attitude.
We all strive to be happy. At any moment in our lives, we can change our minds and choose to be happy.
One way that we can uplift us to happy is by creating a list of things that make us happy. You thinking another list. Trust me…. just go with this.
This is a great motivational tool and reminder that we can use when we are feeling down. It’s a great up in down times. Just pick something from your personal list when you need to feel happy or just need a pick-me-up.
Of course, what makes me happy will not be the same as what makes you happy. Only you can explore and discover “What Makes You Happy?”
I thought that I would share with you my own personal list of things that happy up my life (in no particular order):
- Love chatting to people
- Cooking up a feast in the kitchen
- Colouring in complex intricate Mandalas
- Chocolate! Yeah yummy dark chocolate
- Having a family that loves me no matter what and knowing that they will be there for me when I need them.
- Knowing that my parents are still with US
- Knowing that I have the ability to support myself
- Having friends who put up with my moody side
- Being able to write articles that touch other people.
- Taking up writing again and publishing articles on my own site – www.artofhappiness.institute
- Learning something new excites me
- Helping someone solve a problem in their life, especially if it’s something that has been an issue for a long time.
- Being given a compliment
- Having someone say Yes to me when I was absolutely certain that they would say No.
- Being debt-free and not owing any money to anyone.
- Going to see a movie with my best friend.
- Being asked for advice because someone respects my opinion.
- Sleeping in on a Sunday morning and not having any firm plans for the day.
- It makes me happy knowing that I’ve travelled to some places in the world that others haven’t.
- Watching obscene amounts of television without a trace of shame
- Getting an email or a call telling me how something I’ve written has helped them.
- Smelling freshly-mown grass and feeling it under my bare feet.
- Being pleasantly surprised by someone special.
- Doing what I want how I want in my own space. HEAVEN
- Going out to dinner with friends.
- Working on my site and knowing that I’m making a difference.
- Receiving a phone call from a friend out of the blue and talking to them for hours.
- Sitting in the garden and reading
- Knowing that I graduated university and that no one can take my knowledge and wisdom
- Going on a picnic on a nice warm summer day.
- Taking care of myself with kindness and love
- Knowing that I am not just sitting around, but am actively working on creating my dreams
- Calling someone who I’ve been thinking of.
- Attending a musical that makes me happy
- Being appreciated and feeling that what I do makes a difference.
- Having supportive friends who give me great advice when I particularly need it.
- Having clean, crisp sheets on my bed.
- Being inside when there’s a thunderstorm outside. Being able to watch thunder and lightning and seeing the magnificence of mother nature.
- Recognizing some Spanish and French phrases and being able to speak it a little bit.
- Chatting up unlikely heroes, dreamers, and doers.
- Being appreciated for who I am and not what I can give.
- Decorating my home, the way that I want it decorated and painted.
- Making dinner for people that I love.
- It makes me happy knowing that I don’t have any major health concerns
- Three or four-day long weekends.
- I am capable and quite self-sufficient eg can change a flat tyre
- Having a clean house to come to
- Realizing that what I thought was so hard years ago, didn’t turn out to be so hard after all.
- Knowing that no matter what, I can figure things out. I will be okay
- Being able to spoil my family.
- Laughing and just being silly.
- Doing something that I thought I would never get the courage to do.
- Dressing up and showing up
- Going to the store and buying my favourite foods,
- Watching my favourite comedy shows
- Reading a new book and being wonderfully surprised.
- Accepting that it’s okay to mess up, learn and grow as a person.
- Giving what I can to other people who are less fortunate than I am.
- A good night’s sleep! Beauty Sleep! Deep Sound Sleep!
- Being creative and making something beautiful with my hands.