You are a grown woman! Right?
You know how to manage your emotions! Wow that is great!
When you feel anger, sadness, disappointment, rejected, jealous, panicky anxious, and so on, what do you do? You run away from these emotions because they are uncomfortable. You dislike the pain its causes and you suppress your emotions.
After all, that is what you’ve have been taught since childhood
Stop crying. Shut up. Don’t talk. Stop Whining. Go to your room.
Over the years, you hold back your tears, shut your mouth and feelings. There is just no room to express these feelings. So, you spend your entire life in a self-made jail.
This is how you learned to suppress your emotions and thoughts.
Suppressing your emotions is not the best way to manage your emotions. In fact, it can hurt you the following ways:
- Living on the side-lines
- Lack of desire to do fun things or new things
- Lack of commitment in general
- Start things don’t finish anything
- Disruptive sleeping patterns
- Mental anxiety and fatigue
- Binge on comfort food
- Digestive problems
- Lack of focus
- Self-doubt and uncertainty
- Low self-worth
- Lack of healthy personal boundaries
- Feeling of unhappiness
- Disconnected from Self
- Relationship difficulties
Hey there, don’t be glum!
Here are 3 ways that you can learn to express your feelings and thoughts:
- Express all your feelings in a journal. Free form. No rules on how you should write or in what order. No editing or judgement. This can be done as a daily practice or ritual before bed or in the morning.
- Find an activity to let of steam when feeling angry or upset. Attend a kick-boxing class or Zumba class.
- You are human and it’s okay to have these negative feelings. You are not a bad person for having these feelings and thoughts. Go for therapy or hire a life coach make sense of these emotions and thoughts. Get curious and explore & discover way these emotions can serve in your life.
It’s time you stop suppressing your emotions & thoughts as you always have.
You are human and you will feel full range of emotions. Got That!
There is a difference between suppressing and managing your emotions. Suppressing emotions leads to a mediocre & dull life. Managing emotions leads to an empowered and exciting life.
Stop boxing yourself in a cage.
Break free and allow yourself to feel/think and express.