After Valentines day, were you one of the many incredible and amazing people that had an awful Valentine’s day. I can feel your pain and hurt. Did you dread the day and felt like it was the longest day that would just not end?
Are you feeling not good enough because you did not get flowers, chocolates or gift? No one declared their undying love for you! Do you feel like there is something wrong with you? That is BS. Biggest lie that we tell ourselves. These are all the negative thoughts and feelings we have about ourselves. I have made it my passion to replace: I am not good enough with positive thoughts and vibes.
One way of doing this is using positive affirmations. If you want to up your feel-good factor and confidence I suggest adding positive affirmations to your daily routine. They must be personal, feel sacred and special for you.
I have included my top 10 positive affirmations below as encouragement to create a powerful sentence that inspires you.
- I love and accept myself just the way I am today
- I am powerful now. I can achieve anything I put my mind to.
- I accept and approve of my body
- I am intelligent, capable and competent
- I believe in myself and free to be me
- I trust myself to make good choices in life
- I allow and give myself permission to receive good things in my life
- I am completely open to new experiences in life.
- I am loving lovable and loved
- I am worthy of love, joy and abundance
How to use your affirmation:
- Sit in a quiet place comfortably
- Take a deep breath in for a count of 4.
- Hold the breath for a count of 4.
- Slowly exhale for a count of 6 as you say the affirmation in your mind.
- Repeat this process 3 times to invite each affirmation to resonate and vibrate into your mind and body.
Observe your thoughts and feelings during the exercise. Any time you notice a negative thought pattern or feeling, repeat your affirmation. At the end of your session, repeat the breathing exercise you started with. Just breath 3 times – no affirmations. This will help internalise and reinforce your affirmations.
This entire process is to build confidence that your thoughts, feelings and your actions are in alignment.
Reality of life: People will come and go. Events will come and go. Day and night will come and go. But deep unconditional love for yourself will always remain with you, if you nurture and nourish it. Make it one of your most important priority in life.
Over to YOU…
How are positive affirmations working for you? Do you use affirmations in your life?
Let us know in the comment section